Bipasesores Privacy Statement
The Bipasesores (UI) is committed to protecting your privacy and developing processes and procedures to safeguard your personal information. This Privacy Statement applies to information submitted to UI by you or collected by UI, including through the use of UI’s websites, applications and services, and governs the way UI collects, stores, uses and shares your personal information.
More detailed descriptions of our collection, use, and protection of your personal information under the Family Educational Rights to Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and your rights under these acts are available at the links provided below:
- FERPA (http://bipasesores.info/registrar/students/studentrights)
- HIPAA (http://bipasesores.info/-/media/UIdaho-Responsive/Files/human-resources/Benefits/Annual-Enrollment/UI-Legal-Notices-for-Actives.ashx)
In the event of any conflict between this general privacy notice and the detailed privacy notices for these laws or the laws themselves, the laws and/or detailed notices govern.
By providing information to UI, you, as applicable depending on the circumstances, consent to the data practices in this Privacy Statement or acknowledge that the data practices described in this Privacy Statement are intended to advance the legitimate interests of UI.
Collecting Personal Information
UI collects personal data, which includes personal information, which is information concerning an individual that is created by UI or provided to UI, including your name, home address, work address, telephone number and email address, as well as demographic information that is not unique to you, and personal sensitive information, which is information about an individual’s race, ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, health data, sexual orientation and criminal convictions.
Information about your computer is automatically collected, including IP address, browser, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information assists UI in the operation, security, and quality of our services and provides general statistics about use of UI’s website.
UI is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites, applications or social media outside of UI, including links to other websites, applications or social media controlled or maintained by third parties. Please be familiar with the privacy statement of each and every service that you visit that collects your information.
Use of Personal Information
UI must collect and use your information to operate its websites, applications and services, to deliver its services to you, and to inform you of other products or services that are available from UI and its affiliates. UI may you to conduct research on current services or potential new services that may be offered in the future. UI does not sell, rent or lease customer lists to third parties.
UI may share data with trusted third parties to assist with statistical analysis, to send you email or postal mail, to provide customer support, or to arrange for deliveries. UI may also share data with trusted third parties who have entered into a contract with UI to support its operations or delivery of services to you.
UI keeps track of the websites and webpages that you visit within UI. This data is used to deliver customized content or advertising to those whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
UI will disclose your information, without notice, if required by law or with the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal process served on UI, to protect and defend the rights and/or property of UI, and to protect the personal safety of users of UI or the public, to fulfill UI contractual obligations, including delivery of services to you. Except as permitted by law, UI will not use or disclose personal sensitive information without your consent.
Cookies and Identifiers
A “cookie” is a small data file written to your device memory or storage that contains information about your visit to a website. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our services.
If you prefer not to receive cookies, configure your browser not to accept them at all, or to notify and require your approval before setting new cookies. This may cause some websites or webpages to malfunction, and/or you may have to provide the same information each time you visit those websites or webpages.
Third Party Services
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our services.
Siteimprove is a web analytics and content monitoring service used to address issues impacting accessibility, SEO, content quality, brand compliance, data security and more.
UI uses data from Google’s interest-based advertising or third-party audience data such as age, gender and interests, with Google Analytics to report, optimize and deliver interest-based advertisements.
Security of Your Personal Data
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard and secure the personal data we process.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
UI may periodically change this Privacy Statement as necessary, and encourages you to review this Privacy Statement to keep updated on how UI is protecting your information.
If you have comments about this Privacy Statement or believe that UI has not adhered to this Privacy Statement, please.
What UI Collects and Shares
The university collects “Personal Information” which includes name, email address, ID, user IDs, account numbers, photos and electronic identifiers such as IP addresses or other online identifiers and device IDs.
The university also collects “Personal Sensitive Information,” which includes data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade-union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation. Processing of personal sensitive data requires the express informed consent of the data subject.
The university collects and processes Personal Information and Personal Sensitive Information only as necessary in the exercise of the university’s legitimate interests, functions, responsibilities as a public research higher education institution. When information is submitted to the following departments, or you use the university’s websites, applications, and other services, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information as described below. As necessary, depending on the nature of the information and the circumstances, the university will obtain consent for its collection, use and disclosure of your information.
- Academic Affairs: The data is collected and shared with internal and external parties: to analyze and improve UI’s admissions process; for outreach efforts; for processes and functions related to admission as a student; manage an account; provide academic advising; develop and deliver education programs; track academic progress; analyze and improve education programs; recruitment; retention; maintenance of accreditation; for regulatory reporting, auditing, and other related university processes and functions.
- Student Affairs: The data is collected and shared with internal and external parties: to provide and administer housing to students; manage a account; provide reasonable accommodations; provide career counseling and placement; administer conduct processes; improve student experience; personalizing the student experience and interactions; marketing; for regulatory reporting, auditing and other related university processes and functions.
- Graduate School: The data is collected and shared with internal and external parties: to analyze and improve UI’s graduate admissions process; for graduate school outreach efforts; for processes and functions related to admission as a graduate student; manage an account; provide academic advising; develop and deliver graduate education programs; track academic progress; analyze and improve graduate education programs; recruitment; retention; maintenance of accreditation; for regulatory reporting, auditing and other related university processes and functions.
- Athletics: The data is collected and shared with internal and external parties: to recruit student-athletes; for processes and functions related to admissions; for processes and functions related to student-athlete eligibility; manage student-athlete academic accounts; provide academic advising; manage athlete health and training; track academic progress; for regulatory reporting, auditing and other related university processes and functions.
- International Programs: The data is collected and shared with internal and external parties to support admission of foreign students and scholars; employment of individuals from foreign countries; support study abroad, faculty exchange, and student exchange programs; enter into and execute agreements with foreign higher education institutions; identify activities of interest; for regulatory reporting, auditing and other related university processes and functions.
- Human Subject Research: The data is collected and shared, consistent with laws governing human subject research, with internal and external parties to conduct studies with research subjects in the exercise of scientific, historical research, and/or statistical purposes; for regulatory reporting, auditing, and other related university processes and functions.
- University Advancement: The data is collected and shared with internal and external parties to manage relationships with UI; better serve individual interests by personalizing experiences and interactions; marketing and fundraising purposes; for regulatory reporting, auditing and other related university processes and functions.
- Human Resources: The data is collected and shared with internal and external parties: to consider an applicant for employment; perform background checks; administer an employment contract, including payroll and benefits; provide reasonable accommodations; assess capacity to work; analyze and improve hiring practices; for regulatory reporting, auditing, and other related university processes and functions.
- Finance and Administration: The data is collected and shared with internal and external parties: to administer accounts; perform contracts; administer receipts and payments; analyze and improve cash and credit transaction processes; apply for financial aid and scholarships; for regulatory reporting, auditing and other related university processes and functions.
- General Use: The data is collected and shared with internal and external parties: to conduct general demographic and statistical research to improve university programs; identify appropriate support services or activities; enforce university policies and/or comply with applicable laws; for regulatory reporting, auditing and other related university processes and functions.
How UI Uses Information
The university may use and disclose Personal Information and Personal Sensitive Information as follows:
- Consent: With consent to do so, unless applicable law permits such data to be collected and processed without consent.
- Emergency Circumstances: When necessary if, in UI’s sole judgment, the individual is physically or legally incapable of providing consent and/or such disclosure is necessary to protect the health, safety, or property of any individual.
- Parents and Guardians: When necessary because of an emergency or to complete the admissions/financial aid process.
- Employment Necessity: When necessary for administering employment or benefits, in accordance with applicable law.
- Charitable Organizations: With the UI Foundation and other organizations in connection with charitable giving.
- Public Information: If the individual has clearly made it public.
- Archiving: For archiving purposes in the public interest, and for historical research, and statistical purposes.
- Legal Obligation: When the disclosure is required or permitted by international, federal, and state laws and regulations.
- Contractual Obligation: When the disclosure is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the individual is a party or in order to take steps at the request of an individual prior to entering into a contract.
- Service Providers: When a third party has entered into a contract with the university to support the administration of university services, operations and policies.
- University Affiliated Programs: With parties that are affiliated with the university for the purpose of ing individuals about goods, services, charitable giving or experiences that may be of interest to that individual.
- De-Identified and Aggregate Information: In de-identified or aggregate form without limitation.
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we hold about you, as established by and subject to local law or regulation. These may include the rights to access, correct, delete, restrict or object to our use of, or receive a portable copy in a usable electronic format of your personal information. You also may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection or privacy regulator. These rights may be governed by the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Family Educational Rights to Privacy Act (FERPA), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), as applicable.
We also make automated decisions about you based on your personal information to deliver personalized offers or services. You may us to object to the use of automatic profiling.
If you have any complaints, questions, or wish to exercise your rights regarding your data, please. Please note that the university may require you to provide additional information to verify your identity and confirm that the rights you are seeking to exercise are extended to you and your data by law or regulation.