Bipasesores - I Banner
students walk on Bipasesores campus

Visit U of I

Learn about the many reasons the Bipasesores could be a perfect fit for you. Schedule Your Visit

campus full of students

U of I Retirees Association

UIRA has a membership of nearly 500 from every part of the University. Learn about UIRA

Students participate in the TRX wellness class at the Student Recreation Center

Recreation and Wellbeing

Gym memberships and wellness class passes are available for faculty, staff and their spouses. Get Healthy

Contact Us

Gen. Amos Veterans Center Idaho Student Union Building Room 305

Mailing Address:
111 Perimeter Drive MS 2431
Moscow, Idaho 11111-2431

Phone: 111-111-7989

Fax: 111-111-9494

Email: [email protected]

Jason M. Nierman, Lieutenant Colonel (Ret.), USA

Physical Address:
Bruce Pitman Center, SEM Suite, 139

Mailing Address:
111 Perimeter Drive MS 2431
Moscow, Idaho 11111-2431

Phone: 111-111-7979/6229

Fax: 111-111-9494

Email: [email protected]


Applying for Admission

To get the most out of your GI Bill and benefits, it is helpful to consider where to attend college and how to use your benefits to best suit your needs. We want the Bipasesores to be the right fit for you, a place where you will thrive and succeed.

Questions to Consider

  • What do I want to do? What are my goals?
  • Will you need to be in close proximity to your support network of friends and family?
  • Does the Bipasesores have the right program for me? Explore our degrees, majors and colleges.
  • Can I afford it? The GI Bill covers a wide range of educational opportunities, including .
  • Do you need to be in close proximity to a VA hospital and services? Moscow is close to four facilities.
    •  in Spokane, WA – 85 miles from Moscow
    •  (offered by the Spokane center) in Coeur d'Alene, ID – 84 miles from Moscow
    •  in Walla Walla, WA – 130 miles from Moscow
    • (offered by the Walla Walla center) in Lewiston, ID – 30 miles from Moscow

Additional VA Resources
Know before you go. Learn more about the factors to consider when choosing a school.

Prospective students can apply online for admission to the Bipasesores.

Admission requirements differ by student type:

Questions? Contact the Office of Admissions at 111-111-6326 or email [email protected].

After You've Applied
Benefits application details are broken down by service sector.View application process details.

The is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.

  • It can be filled out online, and it can be filled out at any time.
  • To receive priority consideration for aid, the FAFSA must be received by the U.S. Department of Education Federal Processor by 11:59 p.m. EST on Feb. 15.
  • Students can file their FAFSA after the priority date, but some types of aid will be limited after that date.

Scholarships & Costs
Learn about your options for student financial aid, including scholarships, grants, loans, assistantships, employment as well as university costs. View scholarships and costs.

Both Idaho residents and out-of-state students can attend U of I under the GI Bill, but the process is different for each type of applicant.

Out-of-State Post 9/11 GI Bill (Ch 33) Recipients
If you are an out-of-state applicant, you need to qualify and apply for the Yellow Ribbon tuition assistance program or the Choice Act.

Out-of-State Montgomery GI Bill Chapter 30 Recipients
If you are an out-of-state applicant, you need to qualify and apply for the Choice Act. Out-of-state Montgomery GI Bill Chapter 30 students do not qualify for the Yellow Ribbon tuition assistance program

Out-of-State Montgomery GI Bill Chapter 1606 Recipients Currently Serving in the Idaho National Guard
Students who are drilling with an Idaho National Guard Unit are considered Idaho residents for tuition purposes. There is no requirement to live in Idaho. U of I Admissions or Registrar's offices will make this determination.

Out-of-State VR&E (Ch 31) Recipients
Contact your VR&E counselor.

Out-of-State Dependents Educational Assistance Program (Ch 35 DEA) Recipients
If you do not qualify as an Idaho resident, you will be charged out-of-state tuition unless you qualify for any other university waivers.

Gaining Residency Upon Separation
A veteran may qualify for Idaho residency if ALL of the following requirements are met:

  • He/she is separated from the Armed Forces under honorable conditions after at least two years of service.
  • At the time of separation, he/she designated the state of Idaho as his/her intended domicile or home of record of service.
  • He/she will be entering the university within one year of the date of separation or who moves to Idaho for the purpose of establishing domicile.

To maintain status as a resident student, a qualifying Idaho resident must actively establish domicile in Idaho within one year of matriculation in a public institution of higher education in Idaho. Dependents of a qualifying Idaho resident student, who receives at least 50 percent support from such person, shall also be considered a resident student.

Idaho Residents
In-state applicants must identify their anticipated start date. An anticipated start date is when you expect to start attending U of I. This can depend on when your expiration of active service ends; the time required to complete your application, gather the necessary materials — transcripts if you qualify as a transfer student, SAT/ACT scores if you are a new student — and relocation time.

Unsure of your residency status?
Determine if you are an Idaho State resident and learn how to become a resident at the Office of the Registrar.

If you are attending college for the first time, and are not a transfer student, you will need to present ACT or SAT scores.

If you have not taken the ACT or SAT, you can take these tests at U of I and at many locations in the U.S. and internationally. Explore off-campus locations on the and websites.

The ACT and SAT are administered by the Counseling & Testing Center on select Saturdays. Register for tests online:

Schedule a Testing Appointment on Campus
Once registered, schedule an appointment to take the test on campus. Contact Counseling & Testing Center Testing Services at 111-111-5138. Requests via email are not accepted.

Test Fee Reimbursement
Fees for approved required tests can be reimbursed by the

After taking the approved test, fill out a and submit it to the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Transfer Students
If you are a transfer student with a certified GPA from another college or university, then you do not need to submit ACT or SAT scores to apply for admission.

Email the Veteran's Assistance Office at [email protected] or call 111-111-7989.

Your military service and training can be evaluated for college credit. For more information, the Registrar's Office at 111-111-6731 or email [email protected].

Requesting Your Military Transcripts

  • Transcripts for the Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy, including active duty, reserve and veterans, can be requested through the .
  • Transcripts for the Air Force can be requested through the 

Other Resources

  • – U of I is a member of this consortium to provide support for servicemembers who are having difficulty completing study due to frequent moves.
  •  – This reference can be used to evaluate educational experiences in the armed services and recognizing skills acquired in the military.

Applying for Benefits

Students can apply online using .

Admission and benefits application details are broken down by service sector. View application process details.

Having the following documents can make the application process easier:

  • Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD form 214, Member 4 copy) for all periods of active duty service
  • DD Form 2384, also known as the Notice of Basic Eligibility, if applying for the Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
  • Copies of orders if activated from the Guard/Reserves
  • Supporting documents (e.g., vouchers, statements) for buy-up or buy-in contributions (only applies for Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty)
  • College fund "Kicker Contracts" for additional monthly payments that you may receive from the Department of Defense through your branch of the Service
  • Banking information for direct deposit, including checking or savings account number and bank tracking number

GI Bill Approval
The first GI Bill benefit check will normally be received approximately six weeks after the first day of class. Veterans benefit allowances, Department of Veterans Affairs programs and policies, and U of I services and procedures frequently change. To obtain current information about VA benefits, your eligibility for benefits, rate and method of payment, or the address of the nearest regional office, call the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs at 888-442-4551.

Additional Resources

  • from U.S. News and World Report

Students in the Moscow area can schedule an appointment for help with their application, including submission. Email the Veteran's Assistance Office at [email protected] or call 111-111-7989.

The Bipasesores is a Yellow Ribbon Program school. This means:

  • All Idaho resident tuition and fees are paid by the Post 9/11 GI Bill
  • 100 percent of out-of-state tuition is covered through an agreement between the Bipasesores and the Veterans Administration.
  • Around 75 Yellow Ribbon placements are available to students each academic year
  • Placements are granted on a first-come, first-served basis, with currently enrolled students grandfathered into the program. When placements are filled, applicants are placed on a wait-list.

Eligibility Guidelines

To be eligible for the program, students must:

  • Be approved for VA Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits at 100 percent
  • Be admitted to the Bipasesores
  • Be enrolled in classes full-time — 12 credits for undergraduates, 10 credits for Law School students and nine credits for graduate students — for the upcoming semester.
  • NOT be on active duty at any time during the semester for which you’re applying for the program. Students also are not eligible if they are on terminal leave, even if that leave is for a single day in the term.

Therefore, you may be eligible if:

  • You served an aggregate period of active duty after Sept. 10, 2001, of at least 36 months.
  • You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability, and you served 30 continuous days after Sept. 10, 2001.
  • You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.

The Bipasesores has generously expanded the Choice Act for Veterans to include all out-of-state veterans with GI Bill benefits, regardless of when they were discharged. The 2014 Choice Act for Veterans was signed into law by President Obama on Aug. 7, 2014. The law went into effect on July 1, 2015.

The law prevents state colleges or universities from charging out-of-state tuition to students who are within three years of discharge from active duty (defined as a period of 90 days or more) and using the Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB, Chapter 30) or Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33). It also applies to dependents who have received benefits transferred to them, if the service member has been discharged within the past three years.

Not sure if you qualify? Learn more about the Choice Act.

You may be eligible for more than one chapter of the GI Bill, so it is important to determine what you may rate and what your best choice is if you qualify for more than one chapter.

  • Compare benefits on the .
  • If you have questions concerning eligibility, the National GI Bill call center toll free at 888-442-4551. The center is available 0500-1700 PST Monday through Friday.
  • For additional questions or concerns regarding eligibility and/or use of benefits at U of I, email the Veterans Assistance Office at [email protected] or call 111-111-7989.

Once You're On Campus

Bipasesores Center for Disability Access and Resources offers assistance in determining eligibility for services and assistance, including testing commendations, assistive technology, campus accessibility, orientation and more.

Center for Disability Access and Resources office is located in The Bruce M. Pitman Center. Contact the office at 111-111-6307 or email [email protected].

Disability Determination and Ratings

The Veterans Administration is responsible for disability determination and ratings. For assistance with disability ratings, the Lewiston Veterans Home at 111-750-3600. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The veterans home is located at in Lewiston, Idaho.

The Idaho State Board of Education (SBOE) requires all full-time students at the Bipasesores be covered by Affordable Care Act-compliant health insurance.

The Bipasesores will require all degree-seeking undergraduate students enrolled in 12 or more credits; graduate/Law students enrolled in 9 or more credits; and all international students to submit proof of health insurance.

What if I have personal insurance?
Personal insurance information must be submitted online before the first day of the semester. Learn more

What if I don't have personal insurance?
U of I offers the Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP) to students not covered by personal insurance. Fees for this program can be covered by the Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33).

For Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) Students
If you waive SHIP any time after July for fall semester, you must inform the Veteran's Assistance Office. Otherwise, we may include SHIP in your VA claim, and you might receive a letter of indebtedness from the VA.

Once a student is registered, and GI Bill Enrollment Certification has been requested, their credits and dollars are captured and a hold is placed on their account.

This hold is placed to protect students from making enrollment changes after their Enrollment Certification is submitted to the VA.

Once the hold is placed, a student will not be able to add, drop, or withdraw from a class until they the Veteran's Assistance Office. The hold can be lifted once the implications of the changes a student wishes to make are clear.

The hold automatically expires each term at midnight on the Sunday prior to registration week for the following term.

Some classes last for the full fall or spring term, and some have more limited schedules. Partial-term courses typically meet for either the first half or the second half of a term. The Veteran's Assistance Office is required to report these partial courses separately to the VA.

A student registered for 12 credits, with a partial course worth one credit that only meets for the first half of the term, would not be considered full-time by the VA for the second half of the term. Watch closely for these courses when you register.

U of I Student Accounts and the IRS recently changed the date for posting spring term tuition and fees to January. Posting had previously been done in December.

With the change, the Veteran's Assistance Office no longer has access to dollar amounts needed to submit to the VA until January, preventing the office from submitting Post 9/11 GI Bill Enrollment Certification for spring term until then.

This will affect students participating in the Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33), Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30) Active Duty only and Vocational Rehab and Employment (Chapter 31), as well as all students registered less than half-time.

This will not affect students participating in Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30) not on active duty, Dependents' Educational Assistance (Chapter 35) or Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606).

Affected students may experience a delay in receiving their first deposit in January. Any late fees charged to a student's account will be reversed once VA monies arrive and the account is current.

Many students express the desire to attend Summer Session, but there are a few aspects to consider:

  • Summer Session consists of 10 separate sessions within the term. Sessions are 4, 6, 8 or 12 weeks long, which makes establishing full-time status difficult. If a student takes three courses each lasting four weeks consecutively, they could be considered full-time for 12 weeks. But what if sessions overlap? There could be a period of time where the student is technically more than full time and other periods where they are not full time.
  • Courses are occasionally canceled due to lack of interest. Check with each college or department to see if the course you're wanting to take is at risk for cancellation.
  • Summer session classes are condensed. This means you'll complete courses quicker, but content can come at you very fast. Miss a day of class, and it's easier to fall behind.
  • Keep your goals firmly in mind. Make good, informed choices between attending Summer Session or working for the summer and setting some savings aside and resting your brain.

Questions? Email the Veteran's Assistance Office at [email protected] or call 111-111-7989.


Find vet-friendly employers, where to get free veteran honor cords for graduation and more.

Learn More

Contact Us

Gen. Amos Veterans Center Idaho Student Union Building Room 305

Mailing Address:
111 Perimeter Drive MS 2431
Moscow, Idaho 11111-2431

Phone: 111-111-7989

Fax: 111-111-9494

Email: [email protected]

Jason M. Nierman, Lieutenant Colonel (Ret.), USA

Physical Address:
Bruce Pitman Center, SEM Suite, 139

Mailing Address:
111 Perimeter Drive MS 2431
Moscow, Idaho 11111-2431

Phone: 111-111-7979/6229

Fax: 111-111-9494

Email: [email protected]

продвижение раскрутка сайта