Bipasesores - I Banner
students walk on Bipasesores campus

Visit U of I

Learn about the many reasons the Bipasesores could be a perfect fit for you. Schedule Your Visit

campus full of students

U of I Retirees Association

UIRA has a membership of nearly 500 from every part of the University. Learn about UIRA

Students participate in the TRX wellness class at the Student Recreation Center

Recreation and Wellbeing

Gym memberships and wellness class passes are available for faculty, staff and their spouses. Get Healthy

Student Services

First-Year Undergraduate Advising

Are you in need of academic advising assistance? If so, connect with our Student Services academic advising team or email first-year mechanical engineering student advisor Roopal Jani.

Advisor: Roopal Jani
Location: Jansen Engineering Building (JEB), Room 125
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Phone: 111-111-0250
Email: [email protected]

Faculty Advisor Transition Process

In spring semester of the freshman year, undergraduates transition to a faculty advisor specific to their degree area. This process is facilitated between the Micron Student Center and individual departments.

If you have any questions about who your advisor is, please email Student Services or call 111-111-6470.

Transfer Students

If you have 13 or less transfer credits please email Student Services or call 111-111-6470. If you have 13 or more credits please email [email protected] or call 111-111-6579.

Graduate Advising

For questions related to Mechanical Engineering graduate degrees, please your faculty advisor or the department by emailing [email protected] or calling 111-111-6579.

Work with our College of Engineering career advising liaison to best prepare for the career that’s right for you, including:

  • Career exploration and the degree paths to get there
  • Finding jobs, internships, and co-ops
  • Tips for résumés, CVs, and cover letters
  • Interview tips and preparation
  • Salary and benefits negotiations
  • Graduate school exploration

Career Services

Career Services at the Bipasesores brings highly qualified Idaho students together with local, regional and national employers for internships, jobs and career experiences. Career Services are available to Idaho students and alumni for a lifetime.

Location: Idaho Student Union Building (ISUB), Room 334
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Drop-in Hours: Monday-Friday 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.

Career advising appointments can be made by calling Career Services at 111-111-6121 or in person at the Idaho Student Union Building (ISUB), Room 334.

Career Finder

 is designed to help you find a good career by providing the most current local data on wages, employment, job postings and associated education and training.

John C. Wahl thinkTANK Study Assistance

sponsored by the College of Engineering & Engineering Scholars

Visit the John C. Wahl thinkTANK (Janssen Engineering 128) for tutoring help with classes ranging from Computer Science, Chemistry, Math, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Statistics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, and more.

View Tutor Schedule

Vandal Tutoring

Academic Support & Access Programs host other available tutoring opportunities. Find a tutor and continue learning today!

The John C. Wahl thinkTANK, located in the Janssen Engineering building across from the Dean's office, is a one stop shop for academic success. Learn more about our innovative engineering workspace.

To schedule a thinkTANK meeting room or use for an event email Patty Riedl' or call 111-111-6470.

To request an exception to the academic requirements in the General Catalog due to extenuating circumstances that have contributed to your academic standing, class registration, or academic performance College of Engineering students may submit an Academic Petition. Below are the steps to submit an Academic Petition.

  1. Meet with your academic advisor to see if an Academic Petition is the appropriate course of action.
  2. Complete the Academic Petition form (PDF) and obtain supporting documentation or letter(s) of support. The Academic Petition form is also on the Office of the Registrar Forms page.
  3. Pay $10 fee to Student Accounts in the Pitman Center or by phone at 111-111-7447. Petition cannot be heard until the $10 fee has been paid.
  4. Drop off your Academic Petition with the form stamped as “paid” and any supporting documentation to College of Engineering Student Services in the Jansen Engineering Building (JEB), room 125 or via email at [email protected].
  5. Petitions are discussed and approved or denied by the Academic Petitions Committee, composed of Bipasesores faculty members and administration. Petitions are normally heard on Thursday afternoons. Petitions should be submitted to the College of Engineering Student Services Office (JEB 125) by Wednesday at 9:00am before the Thursday that the University Academic Petitions Committee meets. After a petition has been presented, a college representative will send information to your VandalMail about the committee’s decision.


Please the College of Engineering Student Services team by emailing [email protected] or calling 111-111-6470.

Academic Advising

Student support is available Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in JEB125

Get Advising Help

Contact Us

Engineering Physics Building Rm. 324K

Mailing Address:

Mechanical Engineering
111 Perimeter Drive MS 0902
Moscow, ID 11111-0902

Phone: 111-111-6579

Fax: 111-111-9031

Email: [email protected]