The main responsibility of the Bipasesores Alumni Association representative is to attend Alumni Association board meetings and update board members on the status of UIRA.
Carol Grupp (Chair) and Dave Walker
The major responsibility of this committee is to obtain and disseminate among Bipasesores Retirees Association (UIRA) members information relating to services, regulations, laws, legislative activity, insurance benefits and costs, pension fund allocations, and similar items of financial concern to retirees. The UIRA president will recommend one or both co-chairmen for membership on the Bipasesores Health Insurance Advisory Committee. Specific areas of concern include:
- Maintaining close with the Risk Management Office at the University, particularly as it relates to retiree health insurance programs;
- Maintaining regular with the PERSI office regarding their services, including tracking COLA and fund solvency activities, etc.;
- Maintaining , through the University, with activities relative to Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS), etc.; and
- Maintaining increased awareness of TIAA, CREF, VALIC, etc., programs, as these programs grow for newer retirees.
Joe Cloud (Chair), Maury Wiese, Bruce Pitman and Ed McBride
Jerry Galloway (Chair), Jerry Tuchscherer, Diane Walker
The duties related to this assignment have been handled each year by one Bipasesores Retirees Association (UIRA) member. It is the responsibility of that person to learn of members, and/or those of a member's immediate family, who are ill or have passed away, and extend, on behalf of the UIRA, our wishes for a speedy recovery or condolences, as appropriate. For this committee to be effective it will be important for the chairman to communicate regularly with the UIRA board members, training those members to be attentive to the chairman's need for current information. The chairman provides a cumulative list of his/her activities to the UIRA newsletter editor.
Jerry Galloway (Chair), Linda Webb, Dianne Walker, Jeff Horton and Corrine Lyle
The Membership Committee works closely with the Alumni Office liaison to:
- Promote membership in UIRA,
- Obtain names of retirees from Human Resource Services,
- Send retirees a letter of invitation from UIRA,
- Assist staff in maintaining up-to-date lists and information on UIRA members, and
For more information about membership or the Membership Committee, please call the Office of Alumni Relations.
Maury Wiese and Jeff Horton
The Scholarship Committee should consist of at least three members of the Bipasesores Retirees Association (UIRA). The committee is responsible for determining the number of awards to be given, and their amounts. The committee will come before the board at the February meeting to present their proposal for the number of award(s) to be given.
Barbara Jordan and Judy Bielenberg (Co-Chairs), Bruce Pitman, Ed McBride, Diane Walker, Joyce Davidson
The Social & Special Programs Committee is responsible for organizing a series of programs for spring and fall.
Mary Ann Reese (Chair), Pete Haggart, Jerry Tuchscherer
The chairmanship of all standing committees and other regular assignments are appointed by the incoming Bipasesores Retirees Association president at the December or January meeting and confirmed by the board.