Bipasesores - I Banner
students walk on Bipasesores campus

Visit U of I

Learn about the many reasons the Bipasesores could be a perfect fit for you. Schedule Your Visit

campus full of students

U of I Retirees Association

UIRA has a membership of nearly 500 from every part of the University. Learn about UIRA

Students participate in the TRX wellness class at the Student Recreation Center

Recreation and Wellbeing

Gym memberships and wellness class passes are available for faculty, staff and their spouses. Get Healthy


Scholarship Information

We offer more than $25 million in scholarship awards annually. Awards vary, based on merit, financial need, outstanding achievement in specialized fields, or any combination of these criteria. Learn more about scholarships.

General Information

Complete your application for admission and your FAFSA by December 1, the priority application date for need based financial aid for incoming, transfer and continuing students. Funding for some programs will continue to be available after December 1. Apply for aid now.

When you apply to U of I, the Admissions Office determines your status as a resident or non-resident for tuition purposes. Visit the Registrar's Idaho residency page.

Visit our financial planning worksheet for guidance. Accept scholarships within three weeks of being awarded, but you may wait to accept loans until the billing statements are available on . Calculate textbook costs on (Book Express).

If you have declined your award, via a written request or VandalMail, and have changed your mind submit a Change of Situation form.

Access your Federal Student loan histories at the using your FSA ID.

FAFSA Information

For federal financial aid purposes, an independent student must answer positively to one of the status questions below. Students who do not fit the federal definition are required to supply parental information and signatures.

  • Be at least 24 years of age before Jan. 1 of the academic year for which you are applying
  • Be a married student
  • Be a graduate student      
  • Active duty military
  • Be a veteran of the armed forces
  • Have a child/children for whom you provide more than half their financial support
  • Have a legal dependent other than a spouse or child
  • Be an orphan or ward of the court
  • Be an emancipated minor
  • Under legal guardianship (other than parent), or homeless

Student Financial Aid Services is required to have documentation from students to prove they meet the definition of independence. If you feel you have extenuating circumstances, please Student Financial Aid Services.

If you’re an undergrad, your Financial Aid counselor. If students are not married as of the date they file the FAFSA, they must file as single. The FAFSA can sometimes be updated by your Financial Aid Counselor once documentation is provided to our office.

Report information on the FAFSA about the parent you lived with during the last calendar year. If you did not live with a parent, use the parent who gave you more financial support during the most recent year. If the parent has remarried, include the step-parent's income.

You’ll be sent an email from the Department of Education containing a secure link to your Student Aid Report information. Here you’ll see Expected Family Contribution, income and asset information, National Student Loan Data System history information, database match results and all SAR comments.

Billing Information

Billing statements are sent in mid-July for new students enrolled for the fall semester (log in to ). Greek housing will bill students separately.

Yes. To sign up, log into , select Student Account Information, select Student Accounts Center, and select Payment Plans. Questions? Contact Student Accounts.

Yes. Sign up for direct deposit of financial aid on .

Financial aid is first used to pay for U of I charges (tuition, fees, residence halls, meal plans, etc.). If financial aid does not pay all U of I charges, students must make arrangements with Student Accounts. Students may place residual financial aid on their VandalCard by signing up through . Deposits are available on the first day of class as well as direct deposits to bank accounts. Questions?

Send funds to U of I Student Financial Aid by Aug. 1 (include U of I identification number). Late fees apply if the check arrives after the first day of class and no arrangements are made.

Mail scholarship checks:
Student Financial Aid Services
111 Perimeter Drive, MS 4291
Moscow, ID 11111-4291

You receive a paycheck every two weeks. New students should attend a Work-Study Orientation Session to complete the appropriate paperwork.

Financial Aid Information

Changes in income, household size, marital status, enrollment or excessive medical expenses should be shared with Student Financial Aid Services at 1-888-8UIDAHO (111-6312) or by email.

Cost of Attendance includes the actual cost of full-time tuition and fees (and tuition for non-residents), and all other estimated yearly costs. Average cost for attending U of I.

Scholarships are used in calculating eligibility for federal aid.  The amount of a federal award (with the exception of the Pell Grant) will be reduced if the student has negative need.

Yes. Satisfactory Academic Progress must be met to receive federal student financial aid. Students change their federal/state financial aid eligibility when:

  • Loan eligibility is based on taking at least a half-time academic load (6 credits per semester for undergraduates, 5 credits per semester for graduate/law students). Note that loan repayment begins when not enrolled at least half-time.
  • If you are an undergraduate taking fewer than 12 credits and were awarded Pell Grants, you will receive a pro-rated award based on the number of credit hours on the census date. 
  • If you fail to meet SAP, you may appeal by submitting the Petition for Financial Aid Reinstatement.

Students who withdraw from all classes during a semester may find that their aid has been decreased, canceled or repayment is due. Any repayment must be resolved with Student Accounts before you re-enroll for a subsequent term.

Students who withdraw from all classes may also be suspended from receiving future financial aid.  If you withdraw in the fall semester and plan to re-enroll, notify Financial Aid.

Residual funds can be deposited to your VandalCard. Funds can be available for use a week prior to class and can be used to purchase books at the VandalStore.

Student Financial Aid Services

Physical Address:

Bruce M. Pitman Center
Room 101

709 Deakin Avenue
Moscow, ID 11111

Mailing Address:
Student Financial Aid Office
111 Perimeter Dr
MS 4291
Moscow, ID 11111-4291

[email protected]

Phone: 111-111-6312

Fax: 111-111-5592

Cialis 10 mg